Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm A Sinner


Here's my confession:

Yesterday, I had to pieces of delicious, awesome, yummy cake with whipped cream on top. I wish I could have another piece wouldn't have eaten it.

Afterwards, I knew I would never be able to limit my calories intake to 1,400. I consumed about 2,000 calories yesterday. The dog and I took an extra long walk to compensate a little for my sin.

Fortunately, the only person I need to forgive me for this "sin" is myself. And I do forgive my weaker, hungrier self - because the cake really was awesome. 

Still, I feel a little bad about me giving in to temptation. I tried to eat healthy today. I had (in no particular order):

  • two slices of whole-wheat bread, 
  • two slices of edamer cheese, 
  • four oat cookies,
  • strawberries,
  • low-fat yoghurt,
  • oatmeal,
  • a tiny, tiny piece of dark chocolate (70 calories),
  • one chai latte (67 calories),
  • water
This adds up to about 1,400-1,500 calories. I think that's okay, don't you? I also briskly walked for an additional half hour. 

Are you "sinning" sometimes? Do you allow yourself to give in to some cravings? What do you do to resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment